Week 5

Week Five
The clean up award goes to….the plumbers!  I am still getting comments about the clean job site and floors inside.  I have never been as impressed as I was this week with all the brooms and dustpans that came out at the end of their “shift”.  Upon commenting about how much I LIKED this, Casey Nelson of C & C Plumbing said that it was a reflection on him and his work, and that he always left the job site cleaner than how he found it because he wanted to be asked back!   Words to live by!

I also understand that we all missed the party.  The plumbers celebrated Halloween on Monday night and Tuesday night out at the house.  They had cupcakes, candy corn and drinks all ready for the party with lights and drop cords strung all through out the house.  Melissa and I had been shopping in Conyers on Tuesday, and the house was “all a-glow” when she turned in.  She said she almost had a wreck turning in her drive wondering how the electricity was on without lights!  What a team Mark Brannon of Brannon Plumbing put together.  We had 6 different plumbing companies represented.  I understand that several of these guys used to work together, so it was like “old home week” out at the farm.   I want to thank Mike DeVore and DeVore and Johnson for all of the rough-in material needed for the home as well as the fixtures that will be going in later.  I want to thank the following guys for a great job of sharing this task and coming together as a plumbing community.
Brannon Plumbing – Mark and Daniel Brannon
Towns Plumbing – Mark Towns, Drew and Dylan McCurley
T & E Plumbing and Drain – Tommy Epps and Jason Ramsey
Carson Plumbing – Mike McCain, Pete Carson, and Stephen Brannon
C & C Plumbing – Casey Nelson and Jeff Yarbrough
Ash Plumbing – Wally Ash

We did have a birthday out on the farm this week.  Little Wyatt turned 3!  Athens Blueprint, Mike Hodges, worked miracles to have us a banner made and hanging as the family came home that day.   Seriously, I don’t usually give these guys a lot of time when I need something, and they always come through for me!

As I mentioned last week, Tom Edge and his crew painted the exterior trim and siding and finished up on Wednesday.  Thank you guys for a job well done and protecting the windows and doors and other supplies that had already been delivered to the jobsite.  It was very professional and well done, and I appreciate you guys looking after those before you and those coming after you.

We had several great “walk throughs” this week to prepare for the work weeks ahead.  One was held with Jackson EMC, Nelson McGinnis and Brian Patton, LECO Mechanical, Carol and Earl Lively and Rowe Insulating, Kevin Rowe.  Jackson EMC is keeping us on track for a “Right Choice” Home.  This will give the Christian Family one of the best energy efficient homes out on the market today.   When completed and we have the certification, this home will qualify for reduced power bills for the family forever!  

Another HUGE blessing this week came when Halloran Masonry returned for duty!  Pat Halloran called a couple of weeks ago and said that his men wanted to return to lay the 35,000 brick for the Christian Home exterior!  This is a huge commitment and required all of them to give up several of their next Saturdays.  Halloran is not bringing their crews to knock this out.  Let me introduce you to the guys who will be laying the brick for us.
Kirk Atkinson – President of Halloran Masonry
Shane Halloran – Vice President
Roy Dalton – Project manager/Supervisor
Jason Gomes – Supervisor
Alfredo Flores – Supervisor
Keith Duncan – Project manager/Supervisor of all General Contracting operations. 
Pretty impressive list right?  Again, I shutter to think if I had to pay these labor bills!  I cannot thank each of you enough for stepping up to the plate on this. 

I also want to thank Boral Brick and Steve West for the donation of the brick.  They immediately joined us in the planning stages and gave us several brick samples for Melissa to choose from once she decided on a color.  It is going to be a beautiful exterior especially with the red mortar being supplied by Power Brick, David Carter and Cemex, Stephen Henley.   The beautiful white sand for the mortar was supplied by Atlanta Sand Co. Jeff Avant, and hauled by Harris Trucking, Teri Harris Joiner.  Sutton Construction Specialties, Mike Lathrup, also donated the flashing and weeps for the brick.  I thank you all for everything.  It is always so exciting to see the items that have been picked out come together and the house start to have an identity all of it’s own.  

I have to close by saying thank you to my daughter Jesi.   It was her suggestion to keep everyone up to speed on the Christian home-building progress with this blog site.  She is about to have her 2nd little girl…our 2nd grandchild…any day now and has so many things that she could be doing in Nashville, TN to prepare her little family for the new addition as well as preparing to be gone from her job at HCA.  BUT, she has chosen in part of her “spare time” to help her Mom with the organization of this blog.  I am so passionate about what I do…what a dull life it would be if we were not…and my children have always shared this with me and met some of the most amazing people along the way.  I am so proud that I get to share all of you with Jesi and that I get to share Jesi with you as we wait for Eliana Starr Malloy to arrive.  My heart overflows with pride for my family as well as for each of you – a wonderful community of family and friends coming together to share your gifts to provide this beautiful home.  I continue to stand amazed!

If you see a silver blur heading toward Atlanta…that would be Doug and me heading to TN…would someone please tell Chief Lumpkin!

Continued blessings to all,
Karen








Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP